Popular Posts

Friday, 18 April 2008

What about your English classes? THE BEST 3

Being an English student gives as many experiences as well as memories. Some of us might have felt afraid,anxious and others happy and cool.Share with us what about those times when you started your first English classes at school or here at the university.

15 comments:

Unknown said...

My store with the language began when I was eleven years old, because in elementary school I didn´t have english classes.
In the high school the language wasn´t an important part in the curriculum, so english´s teachers didn´t worry for our education in this language. For this reason we didn´t like study it, but there was a person in this part of my life, who gave me motivation to learn english.
This person was Diana Gutierrez, she was a friendly person at the high school.

When I finished my high school, I studied in Orange institute, there the education is bad, because I think that teachers who teach there, they aren´t prepare well.

After I began to study in La Salle University, in first semester I was a good student I had good greats, but after I began to study less and the results weren´t the best.

I think that this happened because my teachers weren´t demanding with me. For this reason I felt frustated and I thought that never I gone to learn english.
In third semester I knew a good teacher who have a good metodology. She makes us to speek a lot of in classes. I think that I´ve improve my english and also I want to learn the language very good.

Thank you teacher!

Martha Méndez said...

Marie:Thanks for sharing your experience here.It is a good and interesting STORY .Keep on writing to expressyour feelings and ideas.
best,Martha

Martha Méndez said...

Marie,thanks for your words.They are really rewarding.Of course, all of us have a lot to improve but practice will help us to do so.
Martha

Martha Méndez said...

Dear The best 3:
Time is flying and only few of you wrote here the last version(corrected one)on your written work related to your previous exeriences as Englisg students.Keep in mind the time we have.Thanks a lot.
Martha

Martha Méndez said...

Dear all:
Thanks for writing here and share your expereinces in your previous Englisg classes.Keep doing this kind of exercise to improve your language skills.
Martha

Martha Méndez said...

Marie,thanks for writing here about your story as an English student.You have improved in your writing skill.Keep on practicing.Take care of spelling and some grammar elemEnts.
Well done!!!!
Martha

johanna said...

HELLO

I don`t remember nothing about my classes in the primary school. I know that in the high school I like always the English class it was my favorite. My teachers were very good.
I arrived to Bogota with the intention to learn and I become teacher. When I began to study English my mind was white, but all the topics were very easy, my teacher teaching with songs and dialogues, club conversation. My teacher Charles was very good, he always says us that to listen cassette was very good, the other structures was easier.
Other teacher Enrique was demanding but he had the reason, he never using books everything was conversation club, and I learned a lot of her.
I liked to do all my home works, I understood and I try to practice alone. I invented words, but my teachers always were to answer my questions, I like to ask how I can to say different s words or expressions, I have forgotten many things because I don`t have all the time that I would like, I have neglected English by others things less interesting, but this is a long process but if I propose to learn an to talk it will be very soon.

johanna said...

HELLO

I don`t remember nothing about my classes in the primary school. I know that in the high school I like always the English class it was my favorite. My teachers were very good.
I arrived to Bogota with the intention to learn and I become teacher. When I began to study English my mind was white, but all the topics were very easy, my teacher teaching with songs and dialogues, club conversation. My teacher Charles was very good, he always says us that to listen cassette was very good, the other structures was easier.
Other teacher Enrique was demanding but he had the reason, he never using books everything was conversation club, and I learned a lot of her.
I liked to do all my home works, I understood and I try to practice alone. I invented words, but my teachers always were to answer my questions, I like to ask how I can to say different s words or expressions, I have forgotten many things because I don`t have all the time that I would like, I have neglected English by others things less interesting, but this is a long process but if I propose to learn an to talk it will be very soon.
thanks

c@thy said...

MY EXPERIENCE IN CLASS

This semester I feel very happy in my english class, because I've learned many things and I've clarified many doubts.

During my life schoolar Ihad many teachers but none didn't understand.
In this class with my teacher Martha I've learned to lost afraid to public, ask some questions that are difficult to me, do my homeworks and study honestly.

I've classmete with I can study and practice english with them.
Now I can read write and lisen a little bit easy.
I hope growing up in my knowledges and my habilities.

Thanks teacher for your patience and your dedication.

Catherin vera.

johanna said...

Frankenstein is a book very interesting to me; though I don`t have stopped reading this story, I feel that a character is mysterious and agreeable. The most people think that he is bad, ugly but he is a young scientist that he wants to learn different things. The book is divided by chapters, where victor's life appears little by little shows the death, a killer and the life in the prison to the equal how he died. The story has scenes different where it develops is a place where there are lakes, mountains among others.
However, the bulk of the story is told by Victor Frankenstein who narrates his own creation of a man from bones he has stolen and with the power of electricity.
The places of the story are the laboratory`s Frankenstein, the forest, the houses in Belrive, Geneva the lake in Italy and others.
This book was written in 1816 by Mary Shelley is probably the most famous horror story in the word. She was born in 1797 her husband was the poet Percy Bysshe Shelley; her parents were both famous writers and thinkers, her mother was Mary Wollstonecraft, died when she has a baby and her father was William Godwin She was nineteen years old when she wrote this story. The book was a successful that appeared in the cinema in 1974 as a comical American movie. It is said also that, this night, Mary Shelley had a nightmare in which a student obsessed with the creation of artificial he awake and he meditates terrified his frightful fetus.
To me it has been a great novel that shows as the terror is a passion for many writers and readers, before we watched Frankenstein as the villain but he has feelings and he is love.
Though not the end I recommend the reading because the beginning is of mystery and the end must be a success.

Andrea Sosa said...

My english class experience

When i was in high school i always hate my teachers,
because they was very bad teachers and i never understood
their, and they hate me too because my friends and me
was a little undisciplineds and we never
was "ñoñas" and all teachers loves this students.
In the exams i felt nervous.
In the university is a little diferent bacause in the first semester
i had a very good teacher and always i understood him and i
liked his methodology.
In second semester i didn´t like my teacher because i didn´t
understood him and i think that he is not a good teacher.
In this semester i like my teacher because i understand
and i like speak in this class.
Sometimes i feel nervous when i speak but i try to search fast
the appropriate word to say.
The english like me, so i enjoy all the class

Andrea Sosa said...

FRANKENSTEIN

A man of English origin called Robert Walton began a ship trip to the North Pole and in the middle of the sea he saw a man half dead by the cold in which he was, he takes him on board of his ship and he decides to help him, they give him a bed where to sleep and food and Robert wants to be his friend because he looked very sad, and the man promised him that when he felt good he would tell him his story.
The next day the man begins to tell his history.
His name was Victor Frankenstein, he was born in Geneva, Switzerland and his family was one of the most important of that country, he was very happy when was a child, and from young age he was interested in science and wanted to find the mysteries of the world and the humanity and decided to go study to Ingolstadt, where he began to be interested in the human life and wanted to create one, but he knew that the first step was to understand the death, so he began to make investigations and one day he decided to create a man, so he went to the hospitals and he took parts from the dead bodies that he found, took them to his laboratory and after hard work with them and of many sacrifices like neglecting his family and friends he discovered that he could create finally big man but even himself was afraid of him.
Little by little the “monster” as he called it, began to destroy the people that he loved so he began a prosecution to kill his creation, but he did not find it.
When Frankenstein finished to tell his history, he continued sailing with Robert but a few days later he died, Robert listened to strange noises in the place suddenly where it was the body of the Doctor and when he entered, he found a monster crying on the body of the man who had given him life and he said to him that he was very sorry for what he had done to his creator, he jumped from a window and disappeared.

Martha Méndez said...

Hello, thanks for sharing your ideas here.The production work you have made here in our blog shows improvement,however all of us know it can be better by making corrections.
Martha

Martha Méndez said...

Hi all of you.
Thanks for sharing your ideas and works here.They are very interesting and show your willing for improving your writing skills.
I found here some people who posted comments about other topics,but it is ok.Howver,care must be taken to write in the right place to keep the thread of these comments.Also it is important to revise grammar,spelling,and specially the word order in order to make better texts.
Martha
Martha

Martha Méndez said...

To all of those who still are pending to send comments and their works on the posting give regarding previous English classes experiences:

These works are part of your written process to develop language skills.As the academic semester is almost over,consider the time you are posting your comments:after deadline.
Thanks.Those comments sent later will be read but taken as just as they are comments and not an evidence of your process.
Martha

Popular Posts

Some good and meaningful music

That´s it!!!

That´s it!!!
Smiling and learning too